Facebook video streaming statistics
- Video shared on social channels produces 1,200% more shares (engagement, advertising by viewers on your behalf) than text and images, combined
- 82 percent of viewers say they prefer a live stream rather than static or pre-recorded posts
- Live videos are watched 3x longer than video-on-demand on social platforms
- Facebook is the second-largest video site worldwide
- With 40% higher engagement rate than YouTube has – more exposure, more engagement.
- Viewers watch videos for longer periods of time on Facebook than on YouTube
Out of all the media available, video content is the fastest-growing content online. People now watch more videos on social media than on any standalone site. On average, U.S. adults spend 6 hours a day watching video.